Saturday, July 7, 2007

Heroquest

So, while slumming in the local game store (which smells of either gamer funk or wet carpet ... its hard to tell) I came across Heroquest the board game. Ahh, nostalgia. I remember playing the game as a kid in my Grandmother's back room with a few of my friends. This was my introduction to RPG's and it is what got me hooked.

While trolling about on e-bay I found an old copy and some expansion packs. Reasonably priced for an older game with a lot of easily lost pieces. Now to see if I can win it ... and then to break it out and play it. (None of this keep it sealed in the box crap.)

I'll keep you updated.

3 comments:

Brother Dave Thompson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brother Dave Thompson said...

I paid something in the neighborhood of $325 to get my hands on the barbarian and elf questpacks to complete the reconstuction of my long lost set from childhood.

On top of that exercise in foolishness, I paid a goodly sum of cash for the Against the Ogre Horde and Wizards of Modacar expansions that where only released in Europe.

It's only plastic and cardboard, I know, but I absolutely had to have them.

Labor Law Larry said...

I hear you. Most of my board game obsessions are like that. Must. Have. Complete. Set!